Powerful trailer boom lifts can be seen in many job sites where workers need to be lifted up to conduct diverse aerial jobs, such as tree trimming, roof maintenance, building construction, fruit picking and so on. They are considered to be versatile machines for aerial tasks. Why? Let’s dive into the applications and advantages of boom lift to learn more information.
What is a boom lift?
Trailer Boom Lift is also called Cherry Picker, Aerial Work Platform (AWP), Elevated Work Platform (EWP), or Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP). Boom lifts are commonly recognized as cherry pickers that originally got their namesake for being a popular tool among fruit harvesters. The boom man lift can elevate workers 26 to 52 feet in the air depending on the job you are doing and the machine model you select. It provides an access to the inaccessible work sites with its compact structure design and flexibility.
Here is an abridged list of all the things you can do with a boom lift platform:
- Tree trimming
- Pressure washing
- Window cleaning
- Residential construction
- Christmas lighting
- Exterior painting
- Gutter cleaning
How to choose the best boom lift for a job?
When choosing a boom lift for a job, some users are likely to rent one with less use frequency and operation cost; while for long-term users, it’s more economical and trouble-free to purchase a boom lift of their own. Supposing you are planning to invest a boom lift model, we here list 5 considerations to help you select the best cost-effective aerial platform lift:
- For indoor work, electric boom lifts are preferred due to quieter operation and zero emissions. Diesel boom lifts are great for heavy-duty outdoor work, while dual-fuel (gas and propane) motors can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Consider the power required for rough terrain. In most cases, a diesel boom lift is recommended for this type of work. In addition, you need an adequately sized boom truck that will remain stable while positioned on uneven ground.
- Bigger is not always better when it comes to boom lifts. Consider whether the weight of a boom lift will cause the truck to get stuck in mud or damage driveways or flooring.
- Measure all areas carefully before choosing which articulated boom lift to use. The truck may need to fit through entryways, spaces between buildings, or other narrow areas to get work done.
- Choose a reliable manufacturer/supplier! There are many suppliers providing different product quality and services around the world. The right supplier will save you much money and time in the future application. As a 18-year lift equipment manufacturer, we have confidence to provide you with credible services and professional lifting solutions.
Choosing the right boom lift is essential for your safety as well as the safety of an entire crew. While boom lifts can be used to safely complete aerial tasks, plenty of potential dangers need to be carefully monitored while the machinery is being used. Read this post to learn more about the safety features of our boom lifts.