Have you bought a new cargo lift to deal with cargoes? Have once suffered from a lift accident? Or have been troubled by improper operation on cargo lift during work? Many new users and even experienced cargo lift users will confront the question that how on earth to use the cargo lift rightly to handle goods in an efficient and safe way.
Yes, the cargo lift manufacturer cares more about whether he can receive the payment in time than teaching you how to operate his machine. Some symbolic operation manuals will be offered routinely or perfunctorily or whatever. Things may become worse if the manual is a scribble.
Then how should users operate goods lifts in their parts and according to respective needs? We will discuss it in the following aspects:
- Learn from the goods lift itself and experienced users
- Operation training is the core
- Never force your cargo lift
- Regulations on cargo lift operation from the Health and Safety Authority
1. Learn from the goods lift itself and experienced users
The goods lift has its own “personality”, especially those from different manufacturers. You should dig out your cargo lift’s work features, combining with its specifications, structures, functions and work sites. Also consult experienced users from local people, which can smooth the way you are familiar with the lift equipment. Product knowledge and users’ operation experience can be stepping stones for your controlling your own cargo lift.
2. Operation training is the core
What can be called “you learned how to use the goods lift”? Reading the operation manual while pushing the buttons on the control panel of cargo lift, and next time you won’t even won’t need the manual. Most users learn to operate the lift platform in this risky way. It’s wrong or at least incomplete. Why not spend some time receiving professional training to avoid potential risks? From the right operation steps to safety guidelines, all about cargo lift operation can be achieved via systematic training.
3. Never force your cargo lift
During daily work, the cargo lift cannot overload in case of accidents or risk accumulation. Do not force it to load even a little more goods beyond its capacity. And if any subtle breakdown took place, maintain it immediately to avoid big accidents. Otherwise, even a subtle fault can cause big mistakes.
4. Regulations on cargo lift operation from the Health and Safety Authority
- Under no circumstances should goods lifts be used for carrying passengers unless they meet all the requirements for passenger lifts. All employees should be clearly instructed on the dangers of inappropriate use of goods lifts.
- Lifts that are not designed for lifting persons shall be clearly marked to this effect.
- Employers are required to maintain a register of lifting equipment which shall also be kept available for inspection by an HSA inspector.
- Employers who currently have either passenger or goods lifts on their premises should ensure that they have undergone the required thorough examination and that the risks associated with the use of such lifts are addressed in the Safety Statement to ensure that these risks are controlled.
Therefore, there are lots of precautions to guarantee safe and good lifting work other than using the control panel to operate the cargo lift. For more information about the cargo lift, please visit our website or contact us directly.